To add music to a PowerPoint presentation, follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.freeplaymusic.com to find copyright free music
- After previewing the mp3 clips (on the right side) and choosing the perfect one (from the left side), right-click on the length of mp3 that you need and choose "Save Target As"
- Save the clip to "My Documents"
- This is a good time to cite the source for this clip, so remember to copy the URL
- In PowerPoint, be on the slide where you want the music to start, and then pull down "Insert" to "Movies and Sounds" to "Sound from File"
- Choose the clip you just saved and insert
- Click "Yes" to having the music play automatically
- You will see a little speaker on your slide--pull it to a corner
- Double-click on the speaker and the music menu will appear on the top of the slide. Choose from the Play Sound menu.
- Click "Continue Slide Show" and type in the number of slides you have
- Click "More Options" and choose to loop until finished
- Click "OK" and click "OK"
- Test your PowerPoint presentation to see if the music plays
If your volume doesn't work, follow these steps:
- Click on "Start" in the lower left corner of your screen
- Choose Programs>Accessories>Multimedia>Volume Control
- Be sure that no checks are in the Mute boxes and that all sliders are to the top of the range
- Close the window